AASHTO seeks nominations for annual Skills Contest
Amanda Bayhi | May 27, 2014
The American Association of State Highway and Transportation Officials’ (AASHTO) Subcommittee on Transportation is seeking nominations for its annual Skills Contest, AASHTO Journal reports.
The contest recognizes public-relations practitioners in state departments of transportation while allowing for an exchange of ideas.
To be nominated, a state DOT must provide examples of innovation, planning, production, execution and evaluation of results and budget. Additionally, the entry must have appeared, aired, been published, majorly revised, or involve an event held between June 1, 2013 and May 31, 2014.
Nominees should fit into between one and six of the following categories: Excel, Publications (print and electronic), Advertising, Special Events, Video Production, Writing, Issues/Crisis Management Communication, Graphic Design, Website Technology, Social Media and Individual Awards (Founder’s Award, Public Relations Professional of the Year, and Special Recognition Award)
Nominations are due on July 2.
For contest details or to enter, visit transcomm2014.com/skills-contest.html.
MORE FROM News & Analysis
- Oopsie! DOT forgets to spellcheck interstate sign2018 Views
- Road worker killed while picking up construction cones1312 Views
- 4 dead after semi hits stopped vehicles1033 Views
- The state with the best roads in the country is...773 Views
- 3 tips for staying safe inside road construction work zones540 Views