AASHTO seeks nominations for annual Skills Contest
Amanda Bayhi | May 27, 2014
The American Association of State Highway and Transportation Officials’ (AASHTO) Subcommittee on Transportation is seeking nominations for its annual Skills Contest, AASHTO Journal reports.
The contest recognizes public-relations practitioners in state departments of transportation while allowing for an exchange of ideas.
To be nominated, a state DOT must provide examples of innovation, planning, production, execution and evaluation of results and budget. Additionally, the entry must have appeared, aired, been published, majorly revised, or involve an event held between June 1, 2013 and May 31, 2014.
Nominees should fit into between one and six of the following categories: Excel, Publications (print and electronic), Advertising, Special Events, Video Production, Writing, Issues/Crisis Management Communication, Graphic Design, Website Technology, Social Media and Individual Awards (Founder’s Award, Public Relations Professional of the Year, and Special Recognition Award)
Nominations are due on July 2.
For contest details or to enter, visit transcomm2014.com/skills-contest.html.
MORE FROM News & Analysis
- Secret Cold War bunker found inside Brooklyn Bridge (PHOTOS)2236 Views
- Most common work-related deaths for highway and bridge construction workers1260 Views
- DOT loans $950 million to Florida highway project542 Views
- Tolling becoming the solution of choice for most Americans495 Views
- Highway users, road builders oppose bill to surrender federal highway authority344 Views