AASHTO releases latest bridge inspection manual
Amanda Bayhi | December 9, 2013
The AASHTO Highways Subcomittee on Bridges and Structures developed the bridge inspection manual.
AASHTO says the “manual is a reference for standardized element definitions, element quantity calculations and condition state definitions and is designed to assist state transportation departments and other agencies that perform bridge inspection in evaluating the condition of bridges in a simple, effective way.”
It replaces the AASHTO Guide to Commonly Recognized Structural Elements (released in 1994) and the AASHTO Guide Manual for Bridge Element Inspection (released in 2011).
The manual is available in a print version or as an online downloadable PDF for $160 for AASHTO member organizations. Non-members can purchase the manual for $192.
For more information about the Manual for Bridge Element Inspection, 1st Edition, or to purchase the manual, visit bookstore.transportation.org.
MORE FROM New Road Products
- Highway Trust Fund: Who’s in and who’s out in next Congress214 Views
- Tracked electric vehicles the future of transportation?210 Views
- VIDEO: CBS’s '60 Minutes' spotlights America's neglected infrastructure205 Views
- Rollover accident caused from surprise gravel road138 Views
- Don't drink and drive...especially your wheel loader!115 Views