AASHTO releases latest bridge inspection manual
Amanda Bayhi | December 9, 2013
The AASHTO Highways Subcomittee on Bridges and Structures developed the bridge inspection manual.
AASHTO says the “manual is a reference for standardized element definitions, element quantity calculations and condition state definitions and is designed to assist state transportation departments and other agencies that perform bridge inspection in evaluating the condition of bridges in a simple, effective way.”
It replaces the AASHTO Guide to Commonly Recognized Structural Elements (released in 1994) and the AASHTO Guide Manual for Bridge Element Inspection (released in 2011).
The manual is available in a print version or as an online downloadable PDF for $160 for AASHTO member organizations. Non-members can purchase the manual for $192.
For more information about the Manual for Bridge Element Inspection, 1st Edition, or to purchase the manual, visit bookstore.transportation.org.
MORE FROM New Road Products
- No charges filed after woman kills construction worker269 Views
- Ohio worker’s death creates urgency on inspecting NJ bridges235 Views
- Boehner discusses Highway Trust Fund on 60 Minutes152 Views
- NAPA announces winners of national paving awards119 Views
- Fingers crossed: Senate highway bill could be unveiled soon114 Views