AASHTO opens voting for 9th annual Faces of Transportation photo contest
Amanda Bayhi | September 10, 2013
The American Association of State Highway and Transportation Officials (AASHTO) today opened online voting for its ninth annual Faces of Transportation photography contest.
AASHTO is encouraging the general public to select their favorite photo from among the 121 entries. The photos are judged in three categories: “Building the Future,” “Opening Communities,” and “Taking the Road Less Traveled.”
Online voting will continue through September 20.
The photo that recieves the highest number of online votes will win the People’s Choice Award, and the photographer will be awarded with a $500 cash prize.
AASHTO will announce the winners of both the People’s Choice Award and the Faces of Transportation Grand Prize Award on September 25.
For more information, or to vote, visit facesoftransportation.org.
MORE FROM News & Analysis
- Report: Just 6 Percent of 2013 federal-aid funding went into new roads & bridges382 Views
- 2014 Better Roads Bridge Inventory339 Views
- One killed, four injured after bridge collapses at college327 Views
- Highway Trust Fund: Who’s in and who’s out in next Congress234 Views
- Tracked electric vehicles the future of transportation?191 Views