AASHTO new subcommittee chairs named
Tina Grady Barbaccia | January 10, 2013
The American Association of State Highway and Transportation Officials President and Rhode Island Department of Transportation Director Mike Lewis has announced new chairs to two AASHTO subcommittees, according to an AASHTO Journal report.
Gregg Fredrick, assistant chief engineer at the Wyoming Department of Transportation, has been appointed to a two-year term as chairman of the Highways Subcommittee on Bridges and Structures for AASHTO.
Nebraska Department of Roads Chief Engineer Mostafa Jamshidi, P.E., will will take over as chair of the Highways Subcommittee on Materials for AASHTO.
Georgene Geary, Georgia Department of Transportation state research engineer, was named vice president of AASHTO. Both will serve two-year terms in their roles.
All appointments are effective immediately.
MORE FROM eRoadPro Newsletter
- Secret Cold War bunker found inside Brooklyn Bridge (PHOTOS)2150 Views
- Most common work-related deaths for highway and bridge construction workers1248 Views
- DOT loans $950 million to Florida highway project532 Views
- Tolling becoming the solution of choice for most Americans444 Views
- Why repair cracks when you can avoid them altogether?354 Views