AASHTO applauds proposed Congressional action on the transportation extension legislation
Tina Grady Barbaccia | September 13, 2011
The American Association of State Highway and Transportation Officials (AASHTO) supports the efforts by both houses of Congress to advance a proposal to extend the current surface transportation program as well as the aviation programs at current funding levels.
“This extension will allow state DOTs to continue to deliver jobs for our nation’s economy while maintaining the funding continuity needed to operate and maintain a national transportation system,” said John Horsley, AASHTO executive director. “We congratulate Sen. Boxer (D-Calif.) and Rep. Mica (R-Fla.), as chairs of their respective Senate and House committees, for their leadership and support for a national job creating and sustaining surface transportation program.”
For more information on AASHTO’s authorization principles, visit http://www.transportation.org/?siteid=98.
MORE FROM Economics
- Road worker killed while picking up construction cones1249 Views
- 4 dead after semi hits stopped vehicles1053 Views
- The state with the best roads in the country is...780 Views
- Several deficiencies exposed in Skagit River Bridge collapse734 Views
- 3 tips for staying safe inside road construction work zones519 Views