AASHTO applauds proposed Congressional action on the transportation extension legislation
Tina Grady Barbaccia | September 13, 2011
The American Association of State Highway and Transportation Officials (AASHTO) supports the efforts by both houses of Congress to advance a proposal to extend the current surface transportation program as well as the aviation programs at current funding levels.
“This extension will allow state DOTs to continue to deliver jobs for our nation’s economy while maintaining the funding continuity needed to operate and maintain a national transportation system,” said John Horsley, AASHTO executive director. “We congratulate Sen. Boxer (D-Calif.) and Rep. Mica (R-Fla.), as chairs of their respective Senate and House committees, for their leadership and support for a national job creating and sustaining surface transportation program.”
For more information on AASHTO’s authorization principles, visit http://www.transportation.org/?siteid=98.
MORE FROM Economics
- VIDEO: Could ‘Beer Money’ help solve our infrastructure problem?435 Views
- Shuster, Boxer say highway bill is about jobs397 Views
- DOT report: $123.7 billion needed to maintain, improve highways, bridges191 Views
- Obama proposes $302 billion, 4-year reauthorization bill, announces availability of $600 million in TIGER grants171 Views
- Case rolls out Tier 4 Final wheel loaders153 Views