AASHTO applauds proposed Congressional action on the transportation extension legislation
The American Association of State Highway and Transportation Officials (AASHTO) supports the efforts by both houses of Congress to advance a proposal to extend the current surface transportation program as well as the aviation programs at current funding levels.
“This extension will allow state DOTs to continue to deliver jobs for our nation’s economy while maintaining the funding continuity needed to operate and maintain a national transportation system,” said John Horsley, AASHTO executive director. “We congratulate Sen. Boxer (D-Calif.) and Rep. Mica (R-Fla.), as chairs of their respective Senate and House committees, for their leadership and support for a national job creating and sustaining surface transportation program.”
For more information on AASHTO’s authorization principles, visit http://www.transportation.org/?siteid=98.
MORE FROM Economics
- Proposed bill would raise federal gas tax by $0.15 for highway funding553 Views
- VIDEO: This concrete buffer is nearly unstoppable408 Views
- PHOTOS: Chevy unveils 2015 Colorado pickup, available fall 2014340 Views
- With lack of transportation funding, highway contractors shift to other fields275 Views
- 25 Days of RollOuts: Cat Introduces Four New D Series Skid Steers269 Views