A sneak peak at Liebherr’s bauma intros
Still cold, still windy in Munich. But OEMs keep presenting sneak peeks at what they will deliver to the huge bauma show here in April. Liebherr will present its new modular design 150 EC-B flat-top crane, designed to offer customers a wide range of machine configuration to give them the maximum efficiency an cost control on a variety of jobs.
The company will also show the 357HC-L luffing jib crane, the successor to the old tried and trusted 355 HC-L. The new crane’s jib reaches its out of operation position at over 70 degrees, so , says Liebherr, it can rotate freely in the tightest spaces, a crucial factor in high crane-density working environments.
This is a preview of a show and there’s some blurry edges, so I haven’t able to determine yet if these cranes will be available in North America. Same with the new LTR 1220 telescopic crawler crane which will also be at bauma in April.Then there’s the one I’d personally like to drive; the new nine-axle all-terrain-crane, the LTM 1750-9.1. Picture this machine rolling through your town — and its telescopic boom can remain attached during transportation. –John Latta, Editor-in-Chief, Better Roads, reporting live from Munich, Germany
MORE FROM The Roadologist
- Proposed bill would raise federal gas tax by $0.15 for highway funding555 Views
- VIDEO: This concrete buffer is nearly unstoppable391 Views
- PHOTOS: Chevy unveils 2015 Colorado pickup, available fall 2014339 Views
- With lack of transportation funding, highway contractors shift to other fields275 Views
- 25 Days of RollOuts: Cat Introduces Four New D Series Skid Steers269 Views