A ripper bucket's few minutes of fame on 'Gold Rush' Alaska
Tina Grady Barbaccia | February 19, 2013
Leading Edge Attachments’ Hi-Cap Multi-Ripper Bucket enjoyed its few minutes of fame when it was shown on the Discovery Channel’s reality show “Gold Rush” Alaska a few times. (Videos of the show can be seen on YouTube http://youtu.be/k18ocfBI9ME and http://youtu.be/DqKQNbRe2Vo.)
In the show, Dakota Fred said, referring to the bucket; “we affectionately call this bucket the Bedrock Shark.” They used the bucket to rip through the cemented cobble and bedrock near the bottom of an ancient waterfall that they call their “glory hole.” The show footage showed the conventional trenching bucket just skimming over the top of the rock, so he then switched to the Multi-Ripper SHARC bucket, and it was ripping the material with ease.
SHARC refers to “Shanks on an ARC,” meaning that each tooth hits one at a time, thus providing the full breakout force sequentially on each tooth.
The bucket may also make a cameo this summer. According to the bucket’s manufacturer, Fred is planning to use the bucket more this summer, and it may appear more in the next season’s shows.
MORE FROM Industry
- Firearms to be used for road construction763 Views
- Highway Trust Fund 2014: Timeline of Events698 Views
- POLL: Majority of Americans would rather pay tolls than taxes595 Views
- How two men avoided travel fees by outsmarting airlines577 Views
- VIDEO: Worker dangles from excavator hammer 100 feet up481 Views