A Bridge for Field Mice
Tina Grady Barbaccia | October 22, 2013
Listed as one of the top five biggest wastes of taxpayer money in Germany was a bridge reserved just for field mice.
Bieberbach, Baden-Wurttemberg, spent €435,000 on building two bridges for field mice, according to the online edition of The Local, a German newspaper written in English.
What’s more is that if the field mice don’t use the bridge, no one else is allowed to either. It’s reserved just for the field mice and is not built for use by humans, The Local reports.
Check out a photo of the bridge here.
MORE FROM The Roadologist
- California to test feasibility of mileage tax707 Views
- PHOTOS: Most gorgeous freeway ever?701 Views
- PHOTOS: Six bridge/transportation projects receive 2014 PCI Awards473 Views
- Boxer urges House Ways & Means Committee to save Highway Trust Fund395 Views
- Construction company called out for substandard concrete259 Views