A Bridge for Field Mice
Tina Grady Barbaccia | October 22, 2013
Listed as one of the top five biggest wastes of taxpayer money in Germany was a bridge reserved just for field mice.
Bieberbach, Baden-Wurttemberg, spent €435,000 on building two bridges for field mice, according to the online edition of The Local, a German newspaper written in English.
What’s more is that if the field mice don’t use the bridge, no one else is allowed to either. It’s reserved just for the field mice and is not built for use by humans, The Local reports.
Check out a photo of the bridge here.
MORE FROM The Roadologist
- 4 dead after semi hits stopped vehicles1053 Views
- Road worker killed while picking up construction cones1048 Views
- Several deficiencies exposed in Skagit River Bridge collapse734 Views
- 3 tips for staying safe inside road construction work zones518 Views
- Can you believe how much bad roads cost Texas drivers?326 Views