A Bridge for Field Mice
Tina Grady Barbaccia | October 22, 2013
Listed as one of the top five biggest wastes of taxpayer money in Germany was a bridge reserved just for field mice.
Bieberbach, Baden-Wurttemberg, spent €435,000 on building two bridges for field mice, according to the online edition of The Local, a German newspaper written in English.
What’s more is that if the field mice don’t use the bridge, no one else is allowed to either. It’s reserved just for the field mice and is not built for use by humans, The Local reports.
Check out a photo of the bridge here.
MORE FROM The Roadologist
- VIDEO: CBS’s '60 Minutes' spotlights America's neglected infrastructure218 Views
- Tracked electric vehicles the future of transportation?172 Views
- Rollover accident caused from surprise gravel road144 Views
- Don't drink and drive...especially your wheel loader!127 Views
- Highway Trust Fund: Who’s in and who’s out in next Congress115 Views