A Bridge for Field Mice
Tina Grady Barbaccia | October 22, 2013
Listed as one of the top five biggest wastes of taxpayer money in Germany was a bridge reserved just for field mice.
Bieberbach, Baden-Wurttemberg, spent €435,000 on building two bridges for field mice, according to the online edition of The Local, a German newspaper written in English.
What’s more is that if the field mice don’t use the bridge, no one else is allowed to either. It’s reserved just for the field mice and is not built for use by humans, The Local reports.
Check out a photo of the bridge here.
MORE FROM The Roadologist
- Secret Cold War bunker found inside Brooklyn Bridge (PHOTOS)2005 Views
- Most common work-related deaths for highway and bridge construction workers1176 Views
- DOT loans $950 million to Florida highway project520 Views
- Why repair cracks when you can avoid them altogether?348 Views
- California drivers paying the price for deficient roads and bridges 311 Views