A Bridge for Field Mice
Tina Grady Barbaccia | October 22, 2013
Listed as one of the top five biggest wastes of taxpayer money in Germany was a bridge reserved just for field mice.
Bieberbach, Baden-Wurttemberg, spent €435,000 on building two bridges for field mice, according to the online edition of The Local, a German newspaper written in English.
What’s more is that if the field mice don’t use the bridge, no one else is allowed to either. It’s reserved just for the field mice and is not built for use by humans, The Local reports.
Check out a photo of the bridge here.
MORE FROM The Roadologist
- Shuster, Boxer say highway bill is about jobs376 Views
- VIDEO: Foxx: ‘We should do more than just stabilize the Highway Trust Fund’322 Views
- Obama proposes $302 billion, 4-year reauthorization bill, announces availability of $600 million in TIGER grants269 Views
- DOT report: $123.7 billion needed to maintain, improve highways, bridges203 Views
- DOT seeks innovative transportation tools153 Views