A bouncing bridge for Paris
John Latta | March 13, 2013
Designed as part of a competition, it is an inflatable bridge with a trampoline walkway. The idea seems to be not so much to cross the Seine (there are 37 bridges across the river in Paris) but to have fun doing it, and “experience” the river and the city in an entirely new way. It’s a fun bridge, and an idea that makes you smile, and it could be a welcome (but short-term) addition to the experience of Paris. On the other hand I may not be the best judge of this; I still think I.M. Pei’s glass pyramid at the doors of The Louvre doesn’t work.
So here’s a question: what would a firm of New York or Chicago architects (or pick a city) come up with if they were in a competition to cross the East River or the Hudson or the span the Chicago River so that locals and visitors would enjoy the city more?
MORE FROM The Roadologist
- More states ban ET-Plus guardrail system471 Views
- Man survives excavator falling 60 feet from overpass200 Views
- S.C. highway construction worker killed in hit and run189 Views
- Bay Bridge construction project suspended after causing major traffic issues128 Views
- N.J. transportation commissioner calls for tax hike109 Views