Putzmeister America launches ready mix truck line
Amy Materson | February 11, 2013
Concrete pump manufacturer Putzmeister America has extended its reach in the market with a line of ready mix trucks, launched Wednesday at World of Concrete. Two mixer designs are available – the Pro Series standard ready mix truck and the Bridge Maxx Series with a booster axle.
“We wanted to better meet the needs and desires of concrete producers,” said Putzmeister’s Kevin Shafer. “This was a logical expansion of our product line. Shafer explained the trucks were designed to meet their customers’ top requests: durability and serviceability.
Both mixers are available with a standard 43-inch discharge opening and a 47-inch paver discharge opening for quick operation. The 3/16-inch-thick drum has a 1/4-inch-thick one-piece pressed and dished head that is 78 inches in diameter, is manufactured from AR 200 steel and has weep holes on the blades for cleaning.
Additional features include the following:
- Ergonomic Mix Control – a programmable control system that balances engine speed with hydraulic pump output to achieve the optimum drum speed while reducing drum wear and saving fuel.
- Lightweight, durable transmission.
- Fully hydraulic control.
- High strength modular construction.
- Large platform for increased work space.
The Bridge Maxx Series also has a booster axle with hydraulic suspension. Powered by a pressure compensating variable displacement pump, the axle provides loading consistency while reducing stress on the frame. –by Amy Materson, Managing Editor of Equipment World, sister publication to Better Roads, reporting live from World of Concrete
MORE FROM News & Analysis
- No charges filed after woman kills construction worker263 Views
- Ohio worker’s death creates urgency on inspecting NJ bridges126 Views
- Cincinnati bridge collapse kills construction worker, injures truck driver124 Views
- Obama calls for 'bipartisan infrastructure plan,' doesn't mention gas tax increase111 Views
- Fingers crossed: Senate highway bill could be unveiled soon106 Views