Is this it? Or something like it?
John Latta | December 5, 2011
The Senate Environment and Public Works Committee has released the full text of its surface transportation reauthorization bill. It’s called MAP-21 (SAFETEA-LU it isn’t), and of course, it’s an acronym (they have people for this) – Moving Ahead for Progress in the 21st Century Act.
The committee says:
The legislation maintains funding at current levels, reforms the nation’s transportation programs to make them more efficient, and provides robust assistance for transportation projects under the Transportation Infrastructure Finance and Innovation Act (TIFIA) program to leverage state, local, and private-sector funding.
MORE FROM eRoadPro Newsletter
- 5 Options for Avoiding Highway Trust Fund Insolvency482 Views
- Boxer outlines Senate priorities for long-term surface transportation bill397 Views
- Sen. Murray warns Highway Trust Fund insolvency 'threat is growing'396 Views
- Foxx: Insolvent transportation system could cost 700k jobs373 Views
- VIDEO: Watch these crews slide a half-mile, 30 million-pound bridge into place over the Ohio River321 Views