Is this it? Or something like it?
John Latta | December 5, 2011
The Senate Environment and Public Works Committee has released the full text of its surface transportation reauthorization bill. It’s called MAP-21 (SAFETEA-LU it isn’t), and of course, it’s an acronym (they have people for this) — Moving Ahead for Progress in the 21st Century Act.
The committee says:
The legislation maintains funding at current levels, reforms the nation’s transportation programs to make them more efficient, and provides robust assistance for transportation projects under the Transportation Infrastructure Finance and Innovation Act (TIFIA) program to leverage state, local, and private-sector funding.
MORE FROM eRoadPro Newsletter
- Maintaining America’s most historic tourist routes598 Views
- Congress passes spending bill; cuts billions from federal construction accounts539 Views
- Tappan Zee bridge construction shut down after silos collapse496 Views
- Last second Christmas gift ideas for highway and bridge construction workers160 Views
- With no plans to raise gas tax, Alabama will rely on 2015 bond issue for road projects76 Views