Is this it? Or something like it?
John Latta | December 5, 2011
The Senate Environment and Public Works Committee has released the full text of its surface transportation reauthorization bill. It’s called MAP-21 (SAFETEA-LU it isn’t), and of course, it’s an acronym (they have people for this) – Moving Ahead for Progress in the 21st Century Act.
The committee says:
The legislation maintains funding at current levels, reforms the nation’s transportation programs to make them more efficient, and provides robust assistance for transportation projects under the Transportation Infrastructure Finance and Innovation Act (TIFIA) program to leverage state, local, and private-sector funding.
MORE FROM eRoadPro Newsletter
- VIDEO: Could ‘Beer Money’ help solve our infrastructure problem?443 Views
- Shuster, Boxer say highway bill is about jobs399 Views
- DOT report: $123.7 billion needed to maintain, improve highways, bridges186 Views
- Volvo partners with Lego Group183 Views
- Case rolls out Tier 4 Final wheel loaders154 Views