Is this it? Or something like it?
John Latta | December 5, 2011
The Senate Environment and Public Works Committee has released the full text of its surface transportation reauthorization bill. It’s called MAP-21 (SAFETEA-LU it isn’t), and of course, it’s an acronym (they have people for this) – Moving Ahead for Progress in the 21st Century Act.
The committee says:
The legislation maintains funding at current levels, reforms the nation’s transportation programs to make them more efficient, and provides robust assistance for transportation projects under the Transportation Infrastructure Finance and Innovation Act (TIFIA) program to leverage state, local, and private-sector funding.
MORE FROM eRoadPro Newsletter
- 5 freeway bridges in need of repair following accident855 Views
- What state has the worst roads and bridges in the country?552 Views
- VIDEO: With streaking flash of explosives, mile-long bridge collapses in 3 seconds533 Views
- VIDEO: Massive steel beam falls off trailer, snatches semi truck onto its side459 Views
- 70-foot-long bridge survives series of earthquakes445 Views