Volvo CE offers Road Institute courses
|October 8, 2012||to||March 28, 2013|
Volvo Construction Equipment is offering courses during the 2012-2013 Road Institute. The course curriculum offers two- to five-day sessions beginning in October and continuing through May 2013, with classes held at two training facilities in North America. These facilities are located in Chambersburg, Pennsylvania, and Phoenix, Arizona.
Road Institute focuses on the hot-mix asphalt (HMA) and warm-mix asphalt (WMA) paving industry. The curriculum is designed for operators, crew and industry personnel, including state DOT administrators and asphalt production professionals.
Volvo CE offers courses in paver and compactor operation and maintenance, applications, automatic grade and slope control systems, screed operation and soil compaction application.
Courses are structured to provide classroom and hands-on practical training. Topics in each session range from daily and weekly maintenance to the operation and application of asphalt paving. As part of each course curriculum, a safety focus is included.
Class sizes are limited. Tuition is $750 per student per three- to five-day course or $500 per student per two-day seminar. For more information or to register, visit roadinstitute.com.
2012-2013 Road Institute course schedule is as follows:
Automatic Grade and Slope Systems: March 19-21 in Chambersburg, Pennsylvania
Large Asphalt Compactor Mechanics (Step 1): January 29-31 in Chambersburg, Pennsylvania
Large Asphalt Compactor Mechanics (Step 2): March 12-14 in Chambersburg, Pennsylvania
MT2000 Hydraulic and Electrical Systems (Step 1): October 8-12, January 7-11 and February 18-22 in Chambersburg, Pennsylvania
MT2000 Hydraulic and Electrical Systems (Step 2): April 9 -11 in Chambersburg, Pennsylvania
MW500 Hydraulic and Electrical Systems (Step 1): December 11-14 in Chambersburg, Pennsylvania
Paver and Compactor Operation and Maintenance: October 30 through November 2 in Chambersburg, Pennsylvania; November 13-16, December 4-7, January 15-18, February 12-15, March 5-8, April 9-12 and April 23-26 in Phoenix, Arizona; May 14-17 in Chambersburg, Pennsylvania
Paver and Compactor Operation and Maintenance, warm-mix asphalt (WMA): January 8-11, January 29 through February 1, February 26 through March 1 and March 26-29 in Phoenix, Arizona
Paver Hydraulic and Electrical Systems – PF6000–Series pavers (Step 1): January 21-25, February 4-8, February 25 through March 1 and March 18-22 in Chambersburg, Pennsylvania
Paver Hydraulic and Electrical Systems – PF6000-Series pavers (Step 2): March 5-7 in Chambersburg, Pennsylvania
Paver Hydraulic and Electrical Systems – Blaw-Knoxpavers (Step 1): April 2-5 in Chambersburg, Pennsylvania
Paver Screed Operation and Adjustment: November 27-29, February 5-7, February 19-21 and April 2-4 in Chambersburg, Pennsylvania
Paving and Compaction Application Seminar: December 11-12 and March 12 – 13, 2013, Chambersburg, Pennsylvania
Small Asphalt Compactor Mechanics (Steps 1 and 2): February 12-15 and April 16 – 19 in Chambersburg, Pennsylvania
Soil Compaction Application Seminar: October 16-17 and May 7-8 in Chambersburg, Pennsylvania
Soil Compactor Mechanics (Step 1): January 15-17 in Chambersburg, Pennsylvania
Soil Compactor Mechanics (Step 2): March 26-28 in Chambersburg, Pennsylvania
21st Century Asphalt Pavements Conference: Value, Quality, and Performance
|December 5, 2012||to||December 6, 2012|
The National Asphalt Pavement Association’s “21st Century Asphalt Pavements Conference: Value, Quality, and Performance” will take place Dec. 5-6 at the Sheraton Salt Lake City Hotel in Salt Lake City, Utah.
The details follow:
United Rentals holding nationwide equipment sale on Dec. 6
|December 6, 2012|
United Rentals Inc. will host an inaugural nationwide used equipment sale on Dec. 6, 2012, from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. local time.
The sale will be staged at more than 120 participating branches in the United States, giving buyers the opportunity to acquire quality equipment from a reputable supplier at a fraction of its original cost.
United Rentals equipment specialists will be on hand at each branch to answer questions about applications and safe operation. Additional features of interest include the following:
* More than 20,000 items offered for sale nationwide, in categories ranging from boom lifts, scissor lifts, backhoes, dozers and trenchers, to mixers, air tools, compressors, power tools and more.
* Purchased direct from top-tier manufacturers, including Multiquip, JLG, Genie and Case, and used exclusively in the company’s rental fleet, unless otherwise specified.
* Maintained and inspected by United Rentals service technicians prior to sale to ensure equipment is ready to work.
* Backed by United Rentals via two optional service programs: Make it Right – $99 coverage that waives repair costs to the buyer for 30 days; and United Guard – comprehensive coverage that reduces costs and ensures service for a term of six months to three years at company branches nationwide.
* Facilitated by financing options made available through an arrangement with Captive Finance, including flexible terms and payment plans.
* Timed to give buyers the benefit of IRS Section 179: 100-percent deduction taken this year for equipment bought before year-end. Available with a properly structured lease or loan, or outright purchase.
International Municipal Signal Association (IMSA)
|December 6, 2012||to||December 7, 2012|
Event: Signs & Markings Level II — Daytona, FL
Start Date: 12/6/2012
End Date: 12/7/2012
Phone: (800) 723-4672
- Congress passes spending bill; cuts billions from federal construction accounts521 Views
- Tappan Zee bridge construction shut down after silos collapse371 Views
- Last second Christmas gift ideas for highway and bridge construction workers117 Views
- Construction worker stops wrong way driver, avoids potential disaster92 Views
- Keep your laws off our ditches78 Views