39K jobs added in November; 9.8 percent unemployment
Tina Grady Barbaccia | December 3, 2010
Just as the Federal Reserve decides to add more money into the economy to stimulate growth, unemployment rates rose unexpectedly as employers added fewer jobs in November than originally forecast, according to a Bloomberg News report.
However, the news agency surveyed economists, and the latest employment numbers, are less than the economists most pessimistic projections. According to Bloomberg News, payrolls increased 39,000. The jobless rate rose to 9.8 percent — the highest since April, according to the U.S Department of Labor figures.
MORE FROM Economics
- Oopsie! DOT forgets to spellcheck interstate sign2230 Views
- Road worker killed while picking up construction cones1301 Views
- The state with the best roads in the country is...946 Views
- Senate passes highway bill, vote sent back to house616 Views
- 3 tips for staying safe inside road construction work zones530 Views