TRIP releasing report of top 40 surface transportation projects in MD
Tina Grady Barbaccia | April 3, 2012
A new report, “The Top 40 Surface Transportation Projects to Support Economic Growth and Quality of Life in Maryland,” will be released by TRIP at a news conference in Baltimore at 11 a.m. ET April 4.
TRIP says the most needed surface transportation improvements in Maryland include projects to build, expand or modernize the state’s highways, bridges, and transit systems. These improvements would enhance economic development opportunities throughout the state by increasing mobility and freight movement, easing congestion and making Maryland an attractive place to live, visit and do business. Many of these projects cannot be addressed without additional transportation funding, according to TRIP.
Check back on this website after the report is released for more detailed information.
MORE FROM Economics
- 3 workers hit, 1 killed in highway construction zone crash1577 Views
- Salt prices to hurt road budgets973 Views
- Man dies after pedestrian bridge collapses953 Views
- PHOTOS: Directional drill dives from trailer, dangles over Dallas freeway741 Views
- Ohio to start largest single construction project in state history406 Views