Granite named as one of ‘World’s Most Ethical Companies’
Tina Grady Barbaccia | March 7, 2013
Granite Construction Inc. has again been recognized by the Ethisphere Institute as one of the 2013 World’s Most Ethical Companies (WME). The 2013 WME companies are those that embrace ethical business practice and demonstrate industry leadership.
“Not only did more companies apply for the World’s Most Ethical Companies recognition this year than any year in the past, which demonstrates that ethical activity is an important part of many of these companies’ business models, but we are also seeing more companies be proactive and create new initiatives that expand ethics programs and cultures across entire industries, such as industry-based ethics associations and other activities,” said Alex Brigham, executive director of Ethisphere, in a press release. “We are excited to see the 2013 World’s Most Ethical Companies take these leadership positions, and embrace the correlation between ethical behavior and improved financial performance.”
For the methodology and the complete list of the 2013 World’s Most Ethical Companies, to go http://ethisphere.com/wme.
For additional details in the official press release from Granite Construction, go to http://investor.graniteconstruction.com/releaseDetail.cfm?ReleaseID=745711.
MORE FROM Economics
- Shuster, Boxer say highway bill is about jobs385 Views
- VIDEO: Could ‘Beer Money’ help solve our infrastructure problem?385 Views
- DOT report: $123.7 billion needed to maintain, improve highways, bridges193 Views
- Obama proposes $302 billion, 4-year reauthorization bill, announces availability of $600 million in TIGER grants174 Views
- DOT seeks innovative transportation tools153 Views