Granite named as one of 'World's Most Ethical Companies'
Tina Grady Barbaccia | March 7, 2013
Granite Construction Inc. has again been recognized by the Ethisphere Institute as one of the 2013 World’s Most Ethical Companies (WME). The 2013 WME companies are those that embrace ethical business practice and demonstrate industry leadership.
“Not only did more companies apply for the World’s Most Ethical Companies recognition this year than any year in the past, which demonstrates that ethical activity is an important part of many of these companies’ business models, but we are also seeing more companies be proactive and create new initiatives that expand ethics programs and cultures across entire industries, such as industry-based ethics associations and other activities,” said Alex Brigham, executive director of Ethisphere, in a press release. “We are excited to see the 2013 World’s Most Ethical Companies take these leadership positions, and embrace the correlation between ethical behavior and improved financial performance.”
For the methodology and the complete list of the 2013 World’s Most Ethical Companies, to go http://ethisphere.com/wme.
For additional details in the official press release from Granite Construction, go to http://investor.graniteconstruction.com/releaseDetail.cfm?ReleaseID=745711.
MORE FROM Economics
- Vehicles covered in oil and grime after construction project gone wrong991 Views
- Think you're a good driver? Try staying in these crooked lanes [VIDEO]959 Views
- Homeless forced to relocate due to bridge construction461 Views
- A road without fibers is a road soon to be in need of repair439 Views
- How to become a more productive highway construction worker342 Views