25 Days of RollOuts: Dynapac’s soil compation machines
Tina Grady Barbaccia | December 20, 2013
Dynapac new range of soil compaction machines has a transversely-mounted engine, a design move which makes almost all of the engine easily accessible to mechanics when the hood is lifted.
Dynapac says the sideways engine eliminates a problem common with the larger Tier IV Interim engines, which, traditionally mounted with the cooling package at the rear and the engine in front of that, can require mechanics to reach over wheels to get at the engine.
The new soil compactors range from 12 tons (CA 2500) to 15 tons (CA4000), feature an 84-inch drum and an Active Bounce Control system of feedback that provides basic stiffness feedback and “eliminate the chance of over compaction.”
For more details, click here.
Editor’s note: We’re sharing all of our Top RollOuts throughout the month of December. To see them all, check out our 25 Days of RollOuts.
MORE FROM New Road Products
- 3 workers hit, 1 killed in highway construction zone crash1584 Views
- Man dies after pedestrian bridge collapses1022 Views
- Salt prices to hurt road budgets993 Views
- PHOTOS: Directional drill dives from trailer, dangles over Dallas freeway742 Views
- Are flying robots the future of road construction?635 Views