25 Days of RollOuts: Dynapac’s soil compation machines
Tina Grady Barbaccia | December 20, 2013
Dynapac new range of soil compaction machines has a transversely-mounted engine, a design move which makes almost all of the engine easily accessible to mechanics when the hood is lifted.
Dynapac says the sideways engine eliminates a problem common with the larger Tier IV Interim engines, which, traditionally mounted with the cooling package at the rear and the engine in front of that, can require mechanics to reach over wheels to get at the engine.
The new soil compactors range from 12 tons (CA 2500) to 15 tons (CA4000), feature an 84-inch drum and an Active Bounce Control system of feedback that provides basic stiffness feedback and “eliminate the chance of over compaction.”
For more details, click here.
Editor’s note: We’re sharing all of our Top RollOuts throughout the month of December. To see them all, check out our 25 Days of RollOuts.
MORE FROM New Road Products
- 5 freeway bridges in need of repair following accident917 Views
- What state has the worst roads and bridges in the country?559 Views
- VIDEO: With streaking flash of explosives, mile-long bridge collapses in 3 seconds554 Views
- VIDEO: Massive steel beam falls off trailer, snatches semi truck onto its side503 Views
- 70-foot-long bridge survives series of earthquakes453 Views