25 Days of RollOuts: Bomag tandem roller has economizer stiffness reader
Tina Grady Barbaccia | December 23, 2013
Bomag’s BW138AD tandem roller, powered by a Tier 4i 45.3-horsepower, water-cooled Kubota diesel engine, now has the Bomag’s Economizer technology as an option, which gives operators a real-time reading of soil stiffness during the compaction process.
The Economizer uses an acceleration sensor to measure stiffness of the material across the compacted material, and then displays the data using a series of 10 yellow LED lights on the roller’s instrument panel. The lights stop increasing when maximum compaction has been achieved and suddenly drop to indicate a weak spot in the material.
For more, click here.
Watch a video of the Bomag tandem roller here.
MORE FROM New Road Products
- Firearms to be used for road construction734 Views
- Highway Trust Fund 2014: Timeline of Events707 Views
- POLL: Majority of Americans would rather pay tolls than taxes589 Views
- How two men avoided travel fees by outsmarting airlines446 Views
- VIDEO: Worker dangles from excavator hammer 100 feet up438 Views