21st Century Asphalt Pavements Conference: Value, Quality, and Performance
Tina Grady Barbaccia | October 2, 2012
The National Asphalt Pavement Association’s “21st Century Asphalt Pavements Conference: Value, Quality, and Performance” will take place Dec. 5-6 at the Sheraton Salt Lake City Hotel in Salt Lake City, Utah.
The details follow:
Wednesday, Dec. 5 – Thursday, Dec. 6Location:
Sheraton Salt Lake City Hotel
Participants in this conference will learn how to incorporate sustainability into projects economically using warm-mix asphalt (WMA), reclaimed asphalt pavements (RAP), recycled asphalt shingles (RAS), thin overlays, and porous asphalt. Presentations will also cover how to set specification limits, how to use quality assurance, when and where to use modified binders, and how to construct longitudinal joints to assure value and performance.
Also included will be a session on perpetual pavements.
The conference is designed for paving professionals including contractors, agencies/owners, and consultants. Engineers, construction managers, project superintendents, inspectors, QC/QA technicians/managers, and others involved in the design, construction, and maintenance processes will benefit. The topics of the conference will provide participants with tools, best practices, and innovations they need to build sustainable pavements and sustainable businesses. Further, the conference will showcase options that are unique to asphalt.
For more details and to register, go to www.asphaltpavement.org/21stcentury.
MORE FROM Event Calendar
- Congress passes spending bill; cuts billions from federal construction accounts513 Views
- Tappan Zee bridge construction shut down after silos collapse352 Views
- Construction worker stops wrong way driver, avoids potential disaster116 Views
- $163 billion needed annually to fix aging surface transportation system101 Views
- Alerting Congress: Most jobs created by transportation investment occur in non-construction sectors90 Views