21st Century Asphalt Pavements Conference: Value, Quality, and Performance
Tina Grady Barbaccia | October 2, 2012
The National Asphalt Pavement Association’s “21st Century Asphalt Pavements Conference: Value, Quality, and Performance” will take place Dec. 5-6 at the Sheraton Salt Lake City Hotel in Salt Lake City, Utah.
The details follow:
Wednesday, Dec. 5 – Thursday, Dec. 6Location:
Sheraton Salt Lake City Hotel
Participants in this conference will learn how to incorporate sustainability into projects economically using warm-mix asphalt (WMA), reclaimed asphalt pavements (RAP), recycled asphalt shingles (RAS), thin overlays, and porous asphalt. Presentations will also cover how to set specification limits, how to use quality assurance, when and where to use modified binders, and how to construct longitudinal joints to assure value and performance.
Also included will be a session on perpetual pavements.
The conference is designed for paving professionals including contractors, agencies/owners, and consultants. Engineers, construction managers, project superintendents, inspectors, QC/QA technicians/managers, and others involved in the design, construction, and maintenance processes will benefit. The topics of the conference will provide participants with tools, best practices, and innovations they need to build sustainable pavements and sustainable businesses. Further, the conference will showcase options that are unique to asphalt.
For more details and to register, go to www.asphaltpavement.org/21stcentury.
MORE FROM Event Calendar
- VIDEO: Watch these crews slide a half-mile, 30 million-pound bridge into place over the Ohio River626 Views
- 5 Options for Avoiding Highway Trust Fund Insolvency546 Views
- Foxx: Insolvent transportation system could cost 700k jobs396 Views
- What the latest Obamacare update means for your business366 Views
- U.S. DOT predicts August shortfall in latest Highway Trust Fund Ticker update339 Views