2016 Toyota Tundra could feature V-8 diesel engine
Amanda Bayhi | February 14, 2014
Toyota is the latest automaker to reportedly add a diesel option to its truck lineup.
The automaker could be including a diesel engine its 2016 Tundra, and our sister site, Equipment World, reports that it “will be ‘a version’ of the same 5.0-liter Cummins V-8 that will power the next generation Nissan Titan.”
Bob Carter, Toyota’s senior vice president for automotive operations, wouldn’t confirm or deny to Automotive News whether reports are true.
Equipment World points to a WardsAuto report, which notes that the Cummins engine is probably “a placeholder” for the automaker until it produces its own diesel engine.
The Cummins engine will likely deliver more than 300 horsepower and 550 pound-feet of torque to the new Tundra.
MORE FROM Featured Articles
- Several NMDOT employees fired following drunken party478 Views
- California to test feasibility of mileage tax220 Views
- MnDOT up a creek without a paddle due to mine expansion220 Views
- Highway and bridge construction starts on the rise in September162 Views
- Bay Bridge construction project suspended after causing major traffic issues110 Views