2014 Ram 1500 to offer EcoDiesel option
Amanda Bayhi | July 4, 2013
Ram will begin sales of its 2014 Ram 1500 in the fourth quarter of this year, with features like a diesel option and “best-in-class” fuel economy, according to our sister site, Equipment World.
The half-ton pickup, which offers a 3.0-liter EcoDiesel option, is expected to deliver combined fuel efficiency of about 26 mpg, though no exact numbers have been released from the company.
The EcoDiesel engine comes with an eight-speed transmission and produce 240 horsepower and 420 pound-feet of torque.
The diesel engine, of course, will cost extra, boosting the cost to $2,850 more than the 5.7-liter Hemi V-8. However, the diesel pickup could offer a lower total cost of ownership over its standard counterpart.
The standard Ram 1500 will start at $25,295.
Ram will also offer two other engine options: the 3.6-liter Pentastar V-6 and a 5.7-liter Hemi V-8. The V-6 delivers 305 horsepower and 269 pound-feet of torque, while the V-8 produces 395 horsepower and 410 pound-feet of torque.
The new Ram 1500 will also feature front park assist system that can detect objects up to 47.2 inches away from the front and from the rear.
Check out the full story at EquipmentWorld.com to view photos of the 2014 Ram 1500.
MORE FROM News & Analysis
- VIDEO: Could ‘Beer Money’ help solve our infrastructure problem?435 Views
- Shuster, Boxer say highway bill is about jobs399 Views
- DOT report: $123.7 billion needed to maintain, improve highways, bridges186 Views
- Obama proposes $302 billion, 4-year reauthorization bill, announces availability of $600 million in TIGER grants171 Views
- Volvo partners with Lego Group154 Views