2014 Ram 1500 EcoDiesel could hit dealerships in February
Amanda Bayhi | January 10, 2014
The first 2014 Ram 1500 EcoDiesels could start arriving at dealerships in February, our sister site Equipment World reports.
Chrysler Group will start assembling the pickups later this month, and about 1,000 pre-spec versions will be made and distributed in the next few weeks.
The truck is powered by a 3.0-liter diesel engine that delivers 240 horsepower and 420 foot-pounds of torque. The engine is produced by Fiat-owned VM Motori.
Equipment World notes that the engine also provides a 26-mile-per-gallon fuel economy.
The EcoDiesel package will cost $2,850 more than the comparably-equipped Ram with a 5.7-liter Hemi V-8.
Dealers are expected to start taking customer orders sometime in February.
MORE FROM News & Analysis
- More states ban ET-Plus guardrail system471 Views
- Man survives excavator falling 60 feet from overpass200 Views
- S.C. highway construction worker killed in hit and run186 Views
- Cement shortage taking its toll on Minnesota projects149 Views
- Bay Bridge construction project suspended after causing major traffic issues128 Views