2014 Ram 1500 EcoDiesel could hit dealerships in February
Amanda Bayhi | January 10, 2014
The first 2014 Ram 1500 EcoDiesels could start arriving at dealerships in February, our sister site Equipment World reports.
Chrysler Group will start assembling the pickups later this month, and about 1,000 pre-spec versions will be made and distributed in the next few weeks.
The truck is powered by a 3.0-liter diesel engine that delivers 240 horsepower and 420 foot-pounds of torque. The engine is produced by Fiat-owned VM Motori.
Equipment World notes that the engine also provides a 26-mile-per-gallon fuel economy.
The EcoDiesel package will cost $2,850 more than the comparably-equipped Ram with a 5.7-liter Hemi V-8.
Dealers are expected to start taking customer orders sometime in February.
MORE FROM News & Analysis
- Report: Just 6 Percent of 2013 federal-aid funding went into new roads & bridges382 Views
- 2014 Better Roads Bridge Inventory339 Views
- One killed, four injured after bridge collapses at college327 Views
- Highway Trust Fund: Who’s in and who’s out in next Congress234 Views
- Tracked electric vehicles the future of transportation?192 Views