2010 Winner, Contractor Dream Package: Mario Ramos – Mar-Con Services
Better Roads Staff
Ramos received his prize package worth more than $100,000 in products and services during Equipment World’s Contractor’s Dream Package Winner Event on Nov. 10.
The event was hosted by Chastang Ford in Houston, Texas, and other sponsor representatives who were on hand for the big day.
The package included a Ford F 550 Super Duty truck, a Ditch Witch compact tool carrier, a Landoll 16-foot trailer, credit for products from ConocoPhillips, Trimble, and FAE, VMAC’s underhood air compressor, a Lincoln welder, Baldor generator, Alturnamat ground protection mats and an Allied hydraulic hammer.
Ramos formed Mar-Con about five years ago, but he has worked in the heavy construction industry for more than 20 years with his father’s company, Ramos Industries. Ramos brought his father, Roberto, to join in the celebration of his Dream Package win.
Mar-Con has more than 75 employees and specializes in road, bridge and water and sewer line projects at the state and local level. “This is a dream come true,” said Ramos, who entered the sweepstakes online this past summer. “I’ve been a loyal reader of Equipment World magazine for more than 10 years and always try to take the time to sign up for any opportunities that the magazine offers us.
MORE FROM News & Analysis
- PHOTOS: Chevy unveils 2015 Colorado pickup, available fall 2014554 Views
- Proposed bill would raise federal gas tax by $0.15 for highway funding553 Views
- VIDEO: This concrete buffer is nearly unstoppable405 Views
- With lack of transportation funding, highway contractors shift to other fields275 Views
- 25 Days of RollOuts: Cat Introduces Four New D Series Skid Steers269 Views