11-year-old boy dodges cars to save dog
Tina Grady Barbaccia | December 16, 2013
Dodging oncoming vehicles, 11-year Jean Fernandes of Brazil ran into the street to pick up a dog that had been hit by a car, according to a report from Globo Rural, a Brazilian news agency.
The dog remained in the roadway after a driver allegedly hit the animal and then drove off, so the boy ran between oncoming vehicles to get the dog and bring it to safety.
The dog – which was identified as Honey, or Mel in Portuguese – was under the care of veterinarianss at a local animal control center but was doing just fine, according to a Huffington Post article that sourced BioBioChile.
As a mother, I spend a lot of time reminding my young boys to look before crossing the street and to never just walk into the roadway. However, it warms my heart that this young man has so much compassion to try to save an injured animal who lay in the street.
With tweens who often seem to be lacking manners – and sometimes compassion – I’m quite impressed with this young man.
For more photos of Fernandes and Honey, visit DogHeirs.com.
MORE FROM The Roadologist
- Secret Cold War bunker found inside Brooklyn Bridge (PHOTOS)2176 Views
- Wrongly fired DOT employees return to work1475 Views
- Highway users, road builders oppose bill to surrender federal highway authority823 Views
- New use of carbon fiber grid in precast concrete piles610 Views
- Tolling becoming the solution of choice for most Americans520 Views