10th Annual Southern California Transportation Summit
Tina Grady Barbaccia | July 11, 2011
Former Pennsylvania Gov. Edward Rendell will keynote Mobility 21’s 10th Annual Southern California Transportation Summit — a conference for transportation and business leaders to find solutions to the region’s transportation challenges.
“Here in Southern California, we are ready with the America Fast Forward and the Breaking Down Barriers initiatives to get people back to work and lead the country on the road to recovery. This groundbreaking conference will provide meaningful discussions on ways to implement these critically needed jobs-creation solutions.”
Presented by UPS, the Summit will take place on Tuesday, Sept. 6, 2011 at the JW Marriott at LA Live.
“Gov. Rendell is a pioneer in the transportation industry for his bipartisan advocacy and innovative approach to infrastructure investment to turn our nation’s economy around,” said Orange County Transportation Authority CEO and Mobility 21 Chairman Will Kempton. “Here in Southern California, we are ready with the America Fast Forward and the Breaking Down Barriers initiatives to get people back to work and lead the country on the road to recovery. This groundbreaking conference will provide meaningful discussions on ways to implement these critically needed jobs-creation solutions.”
During his two-year term as governor of Pennsylvania from 2003 to 2010, Rendell was outspoken about transportation’s vital role in America’s prosperity, passionately advocating for infrastructure investment. Rendell serves as co-chair of Building America’s Future Educational Fund, a bipartisan coalition of elected leaders dedicated to infrastructure investment to enhance economic competitiveness and quality of life in the U.S.
Other notable conference speakers include the following:
- Malcolm Dougherty, Acting Director, Caltrans
- John Fenton, CEO, Metrolink
- Jeff Hammonds, Vice President of Transportation, Walmart
- Hasan Ikhrata, Executive Director, Southern California Association of Governments
- Will Kempton, CEO, Orange County Transportation Authority
- Darren Kettle, Executive Director, Ventura County Transportation Commission
- Art Leahy, CEO, Los Angeles County Metropolitan Transportation Authority
- Noel Massie, President, UPS Central California
- Anne Mayer, Executive Director, Riverside County Transportation Commission
For more information, got to http://mobility21.com/overview.
MORE FROM eRoadPro Newsletter
- Oopsie! DOT forgets to spellcheck interstate sign1995 Views
- Road worker killed while picking up construction cones1331 Views
- The state with the best roads in the country is...883 Views
- 3 tips for staying safe inside road construction work zones547 Views
- Can you believe how much bad roads cost Texas drivers?324 Views