10K -- Lakes in Minnesota, Stimulus Projects Underway
John Latta | November 12, 2009
When you tink about it, 10,000 is a lot.
According to the White House more than 10,000 transportation projects have now been ‘jumpstarted” by stimulus funds. Veep Joe Biden and Transportation Secretary LaHood made the announcement today. The number is actually 10,041 and counting.
To date, the U.S. Department of Transportation has made $48.1 billion available for highway, road, transit, bridge and airport construction and repairs nationwide. Of that, $30.6 billion already has been obligated to fund 10,041 approved projects in 53 U.S. States and Territories, with 6,547 transportation projects underway.
Check out the White House statement here.
MORE FROM The Roadologist
- 5 freeway bridges in need of repair following accident981 Views
- VIDEO: Massive steel beam falls off trailer, snatches semi truck onto its side554 Views
- What state has the worst roads and bridges in the country?509 Views
- Several deficiencies exposed in Skagit River Bridge collapse481 Views
- 70-foot-long bridge survives series of earthquakes440 Views