10K -- Lakes in Minnesota, Stimulus Projects Underway
John Latta | November 12, 2009
When you tink about it, 10,000 is a lot.
According to the White House more than 10,000 transportation projects have now been ‘jumpstarted” by stimulus funds. Veep Joe Biden and Transportation Secretary LaHood made the announcement today. The number is actually 10,041 and counting.
To date, the U.S. Department of Transportation has made $48.1 billion available for highway, road, transit, bridge and airport construction and repairs nationwide. Of that, $30.6 billion already has been obligated to fund 10,041 approved projects in 53 U.S. States and Territories, with 6,547 transportation projects underway.
Check out the White House statement here.
MORE FROM The Roadologist
- Wrongly fired DOT employees return to work1453 Views
- Highway users, road builders oppose bill to surrender federal highway authority854 Views
- New use of carbon fiber grid in precast concrete piles733 Views
- Construction error and weather causes new pavement to crumble within hours499 Views
- Tolling becoming the solution of choice for most Americans482 Views