10K -- Lakes in Minnesota, Stimulus Projects Underway
John Latta | November 12, 2009
When you tink about it, 10,000 is a lot.
According to the White House more than 10,000 transportation projects have now been ‘jumpstarted” by stimulus funds. Veep Joe Biden and Transportation Secretary LaHood made the announcement today. The number is actually 10,041 and counting.
To date, the U.S. Department of Transportation has made $48.1 billion available for highway, road, transit, bridge and airport construction and repairs nationwide. Of that, $30.6 billion already has been obligated to fund 10,041 approved projects in 53 U.S. States and Territories, with 6,547 transportation projects underway.
Check out the White House statement here.
MORE FROM The Roadologist
- Road worker crushed and killed by concrete lane barrier257 Views
- Cincinnati bridge collapse kills construction worker, injures truck driver251 Views
- Obama calls for 'bipartisan infrastructure plan,' doesn't mention gas tax increase126 Views
- VP Biden announces new steps to Build America Investment Initiative122 Views
- Michigan Senate votes to raise gas tax96 Views