10K -- Lakes in Minnesota, Stimulus Projects Underway
John Latta | November 12, 2009
When you tink about it, 10,000 is a lot.
According to the White House more than 10,000 transportation projects have now been ‘jumpstarted” by stimulus funds. Veep Joe Biden and Transportation Secretary LaHood made the announcement today. The number is actually 10,041 and counting.
To date, the U.S. Department of Transportation has made $48.1 billion available for highway, road, transit, bridge and airport construction and repairs nationwide. Of that, $30.6 billion already has been obligated to fund 10,041 approved projects in 53 U.S. States and Territories, with 6,547 transportation projects underway.
Check out the White House statement here.
MORE FROM The Roadologist
- Several NMDOT employees fired following drunken party449 Views
- PHOTOS: Six bridge/transportation projects receive 2014 PCI Awards389 Views
- California to test feasibility of mileage tax313 Views
- Construction company called out for substandard concrete267 Views
- PHOTOS: Most gorgeous freeway ever?238 Views