“Rectangular Rapid Flashing Beacon” from TAPCO
Better Roads Staff | March 6, 2012
Extra large light bars to allow maximum daytime visibility and more advance warning is one of the feature’s of TAPCO’s new pedestrian crossing safety product, the RRFB-XL Rectangular Rapid Flashing Beacon. TAPCO says that the system has shown 83 percent yield to pedestrian data.
The pedestrian activated system features 7”x3” LED arrays that exceed FWHA standards to provide conspicuity for high speed and multi-lane crossings. When activated, the LED arrays flash an alternating ‘wig wag’ pattern. Side-mounted LED arrays flash concurrently to advise pedestrians that are being flashed by the units.
MORE FROM Boomerang
- PHOTOS, VIDEO: MoDOT employee finds a new way of transportation… skydiving410 Views
- Oklahoma DOT looks to Caltrans for bridge assessment advice358 Views
- Obama to present Congress with proposed transportation reauthorization bill358 Views
- 3 Ways to Avoid Heat-Related Illness296 Views
- Roundabouts And Intersections: Two Traffic Control Devices, Many Options289 Views