“Rectangular Rapid Flashing Beacon” from TAPCO
Better Roads Staff | March 6, 2012
Extra large light bars to allow maximum daytime visibility and more advance warning is one of the feature’s of TAPCO’s new pedestrian crossing safety product, the RRFB-XL Rectangular Rapid Flashing Beacon. TAPCO says that the system has shown 83 percent yield to pedestrian data.
The pedestrian activated system features 7”x3” LED arrays that exceed FWHA standards to provide conspicuity for high speed and multi-lane crossings. When activated, the LED arrays flash an alternating ‘wig wag’ pattern. Side-mounted LED arrays flash concurrently to advise pedestrians that are being flashed by the units.
MORE FROM Boomerang
- California to test feasibility of mileage tax739 Views
- Several NMDOT employees fired following drunken party398 Views
- PHOTOS: Six bridge/transportation projects receive 2014 PCI Awards391 Views
- Boxer urges House Ways & Means Committee to save Highway Trust Fund370 Views
- PHOTOS: Most gorgeous freeway ever?324 Views