“Rectangular Rapid Flashing Beacon” from TAPCO
Better Roads Staff | March 6, 2012
Extra large light bars to allow maximum daytime visibility and more advance warning is one of the feature’s of TAPCO’s new pedestrian crossing safety product, the RRFB-XL Rectangular Rapid Flashing Beacon. TAPCO says that the system has shown 83 percent yield to pedestrian data.
The pedestrian activated system features 7”x3” LED arrays that exceed FWHA standards to provide conspicuity for high speed and multi-lane crossings. When activated, the LED arrays flash an alternating ‘wig wag’ pattern. Side-mounted LED arrays flash concurrently to advise pedestrians that are being flashed by the units.
MORE FROM Boomerang
- Think you're a good driver? Try staying in these crooked lanes [VIDEO]915 Views
- Vehicles covered in oil and grime after construction project gone wrong856 Views
- How to avoid highway work zone injuries and deaths745 Views
- Turn Around! FDOT seeking ways to alert wrong-way drivers633 Views
- VIDEO: Semi hauling an excavator plows through a guardhouse while pulling onto college campus380 Views