“Rectangular Rapid Flashing Beacon” from TAPCO
Better Roads Staff | March 6, 2012
Extra large light bars to allow maximum daytime visibility and more advance warning is one of the feature’s of TAPCO’s new pedestrian crossing safety product, the RRFB-XL Rectangular Rapid Flashing Beacon. TAPCO says that the system has shown 83 percent yield to pedestrian data.
The pedestrian activated system features 7”x3” LED arrays that exceed FWHA standards to provide conspicuity for high speed and multi-lane crossings. When activated, the LED arrays flash an alternating ‘wig wag’ pattern. Side-mounted LED arrays flash concurrently to advise pedestrians that are being flashed by the units.
MORE FROM Boomerang
- Oopsie! DOT forgets to spellcheck interstate sign1995 Views
- Road worker killed while picking up construction cones1331 Views
- The state with the best roads in the country is...883 Views
- 3 tips for staying safe inside road construction work zones547 Views
- Can you believe how much bad roads cost Texas drivers?324 Views