“Rectangular Rapid Flashing Beacon” from TAPCO
Better Roads Staff
Extra large light bars to allow maximum daytime visibility and more advance warning is one of the feature’s of TAPCO’s new pedestrian crossing safety product, the RRFB-XL Rectangular Rapid Flashing Beacon. TAPCO says that the system has shown 83 percent yield to pedestrian data.
The pedestrian activated system features 7”x3” LED arrays that exceed FWHA standards to provide conspicuity for high speed and multi-lane crossings. When activated, the LED arrays flash an alternating ‘wig wag’ pattern. Side-mounted LED arrays flash concurrently to advise pedestrians that are being flashed by the units.
MORE FROM Boomerang
- PHOTOS: Chevy unveils 2015 Colorado pickup, available fall 2014554 Views
- VIDEO: This concrete buffer is nearly unstoppable391 Views
- With lack of transportation funding, highway contractors shift to other fields275 Views
- 25 Days of RollOuts: Cat Introduces Four New D Series Skid Steers269 Views
- Construction industry avoids list of 10 worst jobs for the future267 Views