“Rectangular Rapid Flashing Beacon” from TAPCO
Better Roads Staff | March 6, 2012
Extra large light bars to allow maximum daytime visibility and more advance warning is one of the feature’s of TAPCO’s new pedestrian crossing safety product, the RRFB-XL Rectangular Rapid Flashing Beacon. TAPCO says that the system has shown 83 percent yield to pedestrian data.
The pedestrian activated system features 7”x3” LED arrays that exceed FWHA standards to provide conspicuity for high speed and multi-lane crossings. When activated, the LED arrays flash an alternating ‘wig wag’ pattern. Side-mounted LED arrays flash concurrently to advise pedestrians that are being flashed by the units.
MORE FROM Boomerang
- 5 freeway bridges in need of repair following accident1004 Views
- 4 dead after semi hits stopped vehicles661 Views
- Several deficiencies exposed in Skagit River Bridge collapse644 Views
- VIDEO: Massive steel beam falls off trailer, snatches semi truck onto its side576 Views
- Traffic deaths down nearly 23 percent since 2005362 Views